2018 Notice to Vector Group Ltd. Stockholders

Vector Group Ltd. anticipates 52.84% of its 2018 cash distributions were dividends and the remaining 47.16% of 2018 cash distributions were nontaxable returns of capital

Vector Group Ltd. (NYSE: VGR) anticipates 52.84% of its distributions paid in 2018 on its common stock were taxable dividends and the remaining 47.16% were nontaxable returns of capital.

These distributions consisted of four quarterly cash distributions paid in 2018. Based on tax calculations, Vector Group has determined that its current earnings and profits for federal income tax purposes were 52.84% of the total quarterly cash distributions. Vector Group’s determination of its earnings and profits for 2018 and prior years has been filed with the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”).

Distributions that are not taxable as dividend income must be applied to reduce the adjusted tax basis of the shares on which the distributions are paid. If the nontaxable distributions exceed the stockholder’s basis in the Vector Group stock, a capital gain will result.

Stockholders should secure their own tax advice regarding the status of cash and property distributions under applicable federal, state and local tax laws.

Upon final determination, the Company will complete and post on its website the Internal Revenue Service’s report of organizational actions affecting basis of securities at https://www.vectorgroupltd.com/form-8937/.

Stockholders should secure their own tax advice regarding the status of cash and property distributions under applicable federal, state and local tax laws.